January 10, 2005
Counting almost every vote
The latest cartoon from Dan Steele of the Evergreen Freedom Foundation ...
Posted by Marsha Michaelis at January 10, 2005
01:41 PM | Email This
1. If that doesn't say it all I don't know what does.
2. Nice cartoon, they forgot the dead people.
3. ...also left off the clones of real people and the sheer ghosts that voted in the absense of any identity.
4. It's this kind of distortion that makes sensible people realize what a partisan, disingenuous exercise this has become for the "revoters."
Hey TJ: So generous that you have chosen to gift us all with your enlightened view.
Since this site is all about "distortions" why are you here?
Julie--the only one saying this site is "all about distortions" is you. I referred to a specific distortion only.
I'm here so I can report on what's being undertaken on behalf of Rossi, and to discuss with the more intellectually honest posters the legal issues involved in the controversy.
7. Forgot the "mother of all rule changes" -- Rossi's desire to throw out a legal election, using the law he himself voted for, after the fact, because he doesn't like the result. Can't be much bigger than that....
I'm breaking a rule here...by even responding to you - but I can't resist.
By "the more intellectually honest posters" do you mean trolls who come here and do not believe that this election is full of distortions that have created a hopelessly corrupt result? Or do you mean other conservatives who are applauding Sound Politics for thier wit, thier mathematical genius, keen eye and great cartoons?
At the risk of un-hijacking the thread...
WSJ's Best Of the Web has this under "Homelessness Rediscovery Watch":
"In 2004, the number of homeless deaths in Seattle grew to 152, a list of names that took 52 minutes to read during a recent annual candlelight memorial."--Associated Press, Jan. 8, 2005"
Which leads me to callously wonder, does that headline represent 152 Gregoire votes, or 304?
10. Julie--no, I mean exactly what I said. People like jay bird and ranger (for at least one comment), and north clark county--who did an excellent job referring to both my points and the RCW. It's your bias that is showing, to deem anyone a troll who disagrees with corruption as a basis for contesting the election. That would make Dino Rossi a troll, since he alleges no corruption at all.
11. more intellectually honest posters = those who are enlightened like me.
TJ - "... deem anyone a troll who disagrees with corruption as a basis for contesting the election. ."
Serious? You disagree with corruption as a basis for contesting an election? Or just THIS election? Or you don't think there has been any corruption?
Corruption Meaning and Definition
1. (n.) The act of changing, or of being changed, for the worse; departure from what is pure, simple, or correct; as, a corruption of style; corruption in language.
2. (n.) The act of corrupting or of impairing integrity, virtue, or moral principle; the state of being corrupted or debased; loss of purity or integrity; depravity; wickedness; impurity; bribery.
3. (n.) The product of corruption; putrid matter.
4. (n.) The act of corrupting or making putrid, or state of being corrupt or putrid; decomposition or disorganization, in the process of putrefaction; putrefaction; deterioration.
Hang out here a little longer and you're bound to catch on, sooner or later.
13. Great cartoon! You know there is something seriously wrong when those who are facing death and dying everyday for our freedom do not get their vote counted!!!