September 17, 2004
"Republicans for Gregoire"?
Following a link from the Chris Gregoire campaign home page, I found a website that calls itself "Republicans and Independents for Gregoire": www.republicansforgregoire.com
The suggestion that a signficant number of Republicans would be supporting Gregoire is funny enough, but it's even funnier when you see that the so-called committee of "Republicans and Independents for Gregoire" is just another page on the Gregoire campaign web site.
This is the official Gregoire campaign logo:
This is the logo for "Repubicans and Independents for Gregoire":
No similarity there.
Now, a little research into some web site technical issues:
If you do a WHOIS lookup of the domain chrisgregoire2004.com, you will notice that the Administrative Contact e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Likewise, a WHOIS lookup of republicansforgregoire.com shows that the sole contact is one Benjamin Krokower, email@example.com
Is this just a coinky-dink, or is the official Gregoire campaign being run by Benjamin Krokower, who by his own admission is either a Republican or an Independent? And if Gregoire is just a puppet of Republican/Independent Krokower, shouldn't the real Democrats demand a do-over of their primary so they can nominate a real Democrat?
Both servers are hosted at the same hosting center on the same subnet, 22.214.171.124
Another amazing coinky-dink!
Finally, on the "Republicans and Independents for Gregoire" home page, underneath the list of members of the "Steering Committee", there is a link that says: "I want to be a part of Republicans and Independents for Gregoire!"
It's a mailto: link to firstname.lastname@example.org .
I can tell that this is independent grassroots movement of "Republicans and Independents for Gregoire" is going to catch on like wildfire!
Posted by Stefan Sharkansky at September 17, 2004
11:49 AM | Email This
1. Looks like someone's doing some astroturfing here...
With all due respect to Rep. Ballasiotes, she's in the same vein as Dan Evans, Ralph Munro and Sam Reed: RINO big-time.
There was more than one occasion where bills had to be re-referred after passing her committee in order to have them "die" in another committee, and not get to the floor. In other words, other committee members and chairs had to fall on their swords to make sure the entire caucus didn't get exposed on the floor by bills she passed as committee chair.
And I don't claim to know all "name" Republicans, but who are these people? A little help?
I'm a Democrat and I AM FOR DINO ROSSI!
Chris Gregoire is a manipulative, amoral female dog in lean who has shielded gov't from the law. I have too many exhibits. But I know I don't need an official mouthpiece - I just need to doorbell and campaign like a mad dog for the next FORTY-SIX MORE DAYS!
Yo Jim! That RINO epithet gets thrown around a lot these days. Here's my question: Who appointed you the arbiter of who is and who is not a real Republican? Last time I checked, the Republican party -- like any organization -- was composed of a lot of different kinds of people who believe in a lot of different kinds of things. Did I miss it when the RNC established a litmus test for Party membership?
FYI: Those questions are rhetorical. Knock off the RINO bullshit.
5. I personally eschew the term RINO. But I will compare positions on the issues. The only difference that I can find between, say, Dan Evans and Ron Sims, is that Dan Evans is a fan of both Sound Transit and the Monorail, while Sims supports Sound Transit but not the Monorail.
I want you all, RIGHT NOW, if you want to understand how bad my party has been hijacked by the far left to type in www.democratsforrossi.com and draw your own conclusions. It's a riot in a bad way.
Yo, Larry. Who appointed you Forum Monitor?
Republican In Name Only is a term used to describe people who support higher taxes, expanded social programs, actively work with Democrats to unseat conservatives in a primary election, propose banning ALL cigarette smoking, create The Evergreen State College - actions committed by at least one of each person I mentioned in my post - yet still call themselves Republican.
So, here's my question to you: If somebody opposes a large segment of the basic principles of Republicanism and STILL call themselves Republican, what would you call them?
Frankly, I could care less if you don't like me using the term, so stick your bullshit somewhere, kay?
Some things to think about-
1) I have yet to see anyone draw up a definitive list of 'the basic principles of Republicanism', so let's not criticize people for not abiding by them.
2) Republicans are not so common on the west side of the Cascades that they can afford to turn away people.
3) ...and keep in mind that down in CA, the Republican party has had a delightful time driving people away over this and other issues, with the result that CA is as Democratic as it gets. Let's learn from their example, and not repeat their mistakes, mmkay? It is possible to disagree without calling each other names.
9. Whoa, people. Let's just consider that a Republican is someone who agrees with the latest national Republican platform more than he or she agrees with the latest national Democratic platform, but who has the fortitude to take a stand and declare one way or the other, rather than play both sides with the euphemistic term "independent." A self-identified Republican who supports the Democratic platform more than the Republican platform perhaps ought to join the opposition party. And vice versa.
Back to the original point of this post - that being the so-called Republicans & Independents for Gregoire. Please take note of this domain:
Note how some whacky State Dems have hijacked it. Then take stock of this news article:
"Rossi wows crowd at candidate forum"
Especially this statement-of-fact:
"Judging from applause and murmuring from the crowd of about 130 people, Republican gubernatorial candidate Dino Rossi made the biggest impression. One man even offered to put a Rossi sign in his yard, next to signs for the Democrats Rick Larsen and John Kerry."
Not me, but this Dem is out doorbelling, rallying folks to the Rossi camp. Enuf said.
The Gregoire people were having a BBQ yesterday in the Sedro-Woolley central park next to the public library. The guy turning them over looked like that communist state union boss, so I put my middle finger against my cheek as I drove by twice. Screw those people - there's a 3:5 sign ratio in my hometown in favor of Rossi. Sure wish I brought my tape recorder and some Rossi kit - would have had a ball.
P.S. Anytime you see Gregoire people - give it 'em back! Give them the bird!